Charleston County School District, an EHS Program of CHARLESTON, SC
Early Head Start Programs
Applying to Early Head Start for the 2012-2013 Academic Year
Charleston County School District’s (CCSD’s) Early Head Start and Head Start Programs are currently accepting applications for the 2012-2013 school year.
A family may apply if it includes a pregnant woman or a child ages birth through five years old. The Early Head Start and Head Start programs are funded through the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Although most Early Head Start and Head Start families must meet low-income guidelines, the programs may accept a certain percentage of families whose incomes exceed the federal income poverty guidelines. Please note that children (with or without a diagnosed disability) may apply for Head Start at any time during the school year on or after their third birthday. Before this age, children may be eligible for Early Head Start.
How to Apply
For additional information, please call CCSD’s Head Start Office (843) 720-0824 or (843) 762-5387. Please call us at (843) 762-5387 if you have any questions about CCSD's Early Head Start Programs.
- Charleston County Human Services - (843) 973-3313 - 1069 King St, Charleston SC
- Charleston Home Based - (843) 762-5386 - 1825 Camp Rd, Charleston SC
- Child and Family Development Center - (843) 745-2193 - 3180 Thomasina McPherson Blvd, North Charleston SC
- Discovery School Center - (843) 745-4516 - 1910 McMillan Ave, North Charleston SC
- Midland Park Early Learning Center - (843) 674-2183 - 2415 Midland Park Rd, North Charleston SC
- Rising Star Center - (843) 887-5051 - 8900 N Highway 17, Mc Clellanville SC
- Sanders Clyde Early Learning Center - (843) 724-7783 - 805 Morrison Dr, Charleston SC
- Stall Early Learning Center - (843) 764-2200 - 3625 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston SC
- West Ashley Head Start Center - (843) 571-2424 - 1401 Ashley River Rd, Charleston SC