South Carolina First Steps to Spartanburg County, an EHS Program of Spartanburg, SC
900 South Pine Street
The Early Head Start program provides quality childcare, family services, and home visitation to 120 children and pregnant women in Spartanburg County.
Who Is Eligible?
In FY 1995, the Early Head Start (EHS) program was established to serve low-income pregnant women and families with infants and toddlers from birth to three years of age in recognition of the mounting evidence that the earliest years matter a great deal to children's growth and development.
How to Apply
How to Apply for the Early Head Start Program
You will need:
Proof of Income
Proof of residence in Spartanburg Coungy
Age of the children
Spartanburg First Steps Early Head Start (FS EHS) provides quality childcare, family services, and parenting to children and pregnant women in 10 classrooms located in 5 center-based childcare sites throughout the county, better serving the needs of the families in poverty, since June 2003.
The childcare centers currently partnering with First Steps Early Head Start are:
School District Four - (Woodruff Primary)
200 Lucy P. Edwards
Woodruff, SC 29388
Kelly's Kids, (South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind)
355 Cedar Springs Road
Spartanburg, SC 29302
This is My Child - (Middle Tyger Community Center)
School District Five, Lyman, SC
84 Groce Road
Lyman, SC 29365
- Early Learning Center - (864) 596-8438 - 301 Crescent Ave, Spartanburg SC
- Kelly's Kids - (864) 577-7823 - 355 Cedar Springs Rd, Spartanburg SC
- Roy C. Henderson - (864) 598-6078 - 154 George Washington Carver Dr, Spartanburg SC
- This Is My Child - (864) 439-7760 - 84 Groce Rd, Lyman SC
- Woodruff Primary - (864) 476-3174 - 200 Lucy P Edwards Rd, Woodruff SC