2100 Riverside Avenue
Early Head Start serves children 6 weeks to 36 months in a center based option and provides services to pregnant mothers. The program serves one hundred and sixty (160) infants and toddlers in seven centers in Atkinson, Bacon, Brantley, Coffee, Pierce and Ware counties following the local school calendar. During the summer, the program offers support services with a center based visit to promote healthy beginnings, optimize the development of infants and toddlers, fosters the continuity of responsive, nurturing relationships.
How to Apply
How to Apply:If you live in Atkinson, Bacon, Brantley, Coffee, Pierce or Ware counties and are pregnant or have a child six weeks to 36 months of age, contact the Family Advocate in your county or visit the center. Walk ins are welcome, but a preceding phone call could assist with time management and availability of staff. Priority is given to income eligible families, pregnant teens, and children with special needs.
- ABC Child Development Center - (912) 632-4875 - 305 S Baker St, Alma GA
- Atkinson County Head Start & EHS - (912) 534-6035 - 246 School Rd, Willacoochee GA
- AV Kennedy EHS - (912) 285-0500 - 105 Darling Ave, Waycross GA
- Brantley County EHS - (912) 462-5482 - 479 Circle Drive, Nahunta GA
- Coffee Head Start & EHS at Pre-K Academy - (912) 720-0027 - 1303 Peterson Ave S, Douglas GA
- Hazzard Hill Early Head Start - (912) 490-0201 - 1403 Pendergast Street Suite A, Waycross GA
- Pierce County Head Start & EHS - (912) 449-0076 - 619 Grady St, Blackshear GA